Start date: 06 April 2023
Duration: The programme to be run every Thursday from 6.30-8.30pm for 8 weeks.
Certificate: The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport in Ireland will issue a certificate of completion.
This short 8 week programme uses an innovative and creative blend of real-world digital marketing applications to assist learners in exploring the opportunities that digital marketing can provide the transport and logistics industy.
An innovative blend of online lectures and workshops is used to ensure that the programme is relevant, engaging and enjoyable for all.
The programme will be delivered by an award winning digital marketing professional and academic.
The subsidised cost of this programme is €260 from €350
Who Is This Course For?
This programme is targeted towards the learner who wishes to specialise in the field of digital marketing with a view to entering transport/logistics industry, or those who are working in transport, logistics & supply chain management industries that requires the input of digital marketing techniques to enhance, or in some cases drive, the overall marketing function and strategy. The massive growth of social media and mobile marketing in recent years means that marketers need a strong skill set and knowledge base that is digital. Therefore, they will need both the visibility and traceability that digital marketing affords. Given how fast the digital marketing arena moves in terms of technologies and practice all modules are written with flexibility in mind. Learners are facilitated in exploring new ideas and technologies where applicable. In this way, the programme remains up-to-date with industry trends and best practice. Learners will be exposed to both the online classroom environment to understand and learn the theoretical concepts and models which will then be applied their knowledge utilising online learning activities. On completion of the programme the learner will be equipped with the skills needed to work in a digital marketing environment either stand alone as part of a business function. This programme accommodates a wide audience of learners whose specific interests in digital marketing may be either technically focused or business focused.
The indicative syllabus will explore digital marketing planning and management under the following headings:
- Digital Marketing Strategy – Learners will learn the skills needed to develop a digital marketing strategy for your organisation using SOSTAC framework. Other content covered -conducting a situational analysis, how to set marketing objectives, developing a strategy, selecting the most appropriate tactics to achieve your objectives, developing an action plan for implementation, developing control metrics to manage the strategy.
- Storytelling – Investigating how brands effectively execute storytelling for their business. Learners will learn how to tell great stories about the products/services along with exploring the 6 story arch types and review how to implement these into their content for the transport and logistics industry.
- Search Engine Optimisation & PPC (Pay-Per-Click Advertising) – Learners will understand the fundamentals to search engine optimisation – how to make your website rank higher in the search engine results pages. Learners will also learn how to conduct an SEO audit to improve their website performance. The fundamentals of PPC advertising will also be outlined.
- Google Analytics (GA)– Learners will work on a demo Google Analytics account and learn how to navigate the internal interface and understand the analytics presented to them.
- Social Media Strategy – Learners will learn about social media strategy, channels, benefits, and opportunities provided through the various social media channels available to them and their business.
- Email Marketing Strategies – Learners will understand the role of email marketing to business. They will understand KPI’s associated with email marketing. The will also gain the skills to develop effective email communications.
- E-Commerce – Learners will explore how to develop an e-commerce business and make it a success.
- Professional Branding – Learners will demonstrate how to develop a professional brand online using tools such as LinkedIn. They will also explore how to attract and identify future business opportunities to them and their business.
*all classes will be delivered online.
Digital marketing for the logistics and transport industries can make your business stand out on the Internet with carefully thought out digital marketing tactics. The programme will enable the learner to devise a digital marketing plan that is well-suited for your unique business.t our professional digital marketing for transportation companies team.
- Provide learners with an overview of digital campaign planning and management concepts.
- Equip learners with the knowledge of the theoretical concepts.
- Enable learners to develop knowledge of the marketing strategies used in the electronic world.
- To provide learners with appropriate digital media tools to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaign.
- Equip learners with the ability to prepare a digital media mix for a specific target audience.
Learners are required to prepare a detailed digital marketing strategy for their transport/logistics/supply chain company using the SOSTAC model. Learners must present a min of 3 digital tactic to form part your strategy and provide a rational for their choice. Marks will be awarded for the use of case studies, examples of digital assets, budget allocation, research (including academic referencing) and statistics to support and justify your strategy. Learners must produce an individual reflection which must include what you learned from the assignment process. A maximum of 2,500 words is allowed and carries a weighting of 100% of the overall mark for the programme.
- Executive Summary
- Situation Analysis
- Action Plan
- Appendices (include budget breakdown, creative concepts, company overview, individual reflection, rational for decisions made etc.)
Situational Analysis 10 marks
Digital SWOT 10 marks
Objectives 10 marks
Strategy 20 marks
Tactics 30 marks
Action 10 marks
Control 5 marks
Appendix 5 marks
The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport in Ireland will issue a certificate of completion.