The first week of online sessions will cover academic background necessary to understand the content and procedures for Customs Declarations. This will include areas such as Classification of Cargo, Duty & VAT Calculations, Incoterms, Customs Clearance roles within the Supply-Chain and more.
The practical section of the course, taking place across the two full in-person days, will involve completing case studies assignments via student versions of Customs Clearance software. There will be over 20 sample Declarations to complete as part of this training, which become progressively more advanced as Participants build their confidence and familiarity with the data fields and operational requirements. With respect to practical training, the following is covered as part of the training:
– Completing Export Declarations via AES – new from March 2023
– Completing Import Declarations via AIS
– Imports with Preferential rates incorporated
– Interpreting eCustoms Helpdesk notifications
– Road Freight Imports + Exports with United Kingdom
– How to create a PBN
– Completing Safety & Security Declarations for Imports
– Difficult and Multi-Item Declarations
As part of this training, each Participant is issued with a 190-page training manual with step-by-step instructions for completing Customs Declarations. This manual has been updated to reflect new Export procedures via the recently introduced AES system.
The subsidised cost of this programme is €600 from €995.
For more information, see here.