Start date: 16 May 2023
Duration: 9:30 am - 12.30 pm
Location: Online: Microsoft Teams (Half-Day)
Certificate: Digital Badge Awards
Using Free Trade Agreements can reduce tax payments resulting in substantial cost savings for businesses. However, complex Rules of Origin must be met, and eligibility to cut taxes must be proven. This course is ideal for businesses wishing to leverage the opportunities from FTAs, keep money in their pocket and trade compliantly. Filled with examples and presented engagingly, this course gets you ready to use FTAs effectively and excited to do so.
The subsidised cost of this programme is €150 from €449
Who Is This Course For?
- Business development managers
- Logistics, warehouse and shipping managers
- Finance and procurement managers
- Entry-level staff who require training in customs
By the end of the course, you will
- understand and know what are the rules of origin for preferential and non-preferential origin
- be able to identify the correct proofs of origin
- be able to determine and correctly declare the origin of goods, in particular when goods have been processed in several countries
- know what FTAs are available for specific non-EU countries
- know about Binding Origin Information (BOI) decisions, how to apply for one and which authorities are responsible for issuing
- understand the political and economic aspects of rules of origin and harmonisation theories.
Digital Badge Awards
All trainees who successfully complete the Customs Classification training workshop receive a digital badge award containing verifiable data on the skills or knowledge attained. Digital badges can be shared on social media platforms such as LinkedIn or added to digital CVs or email signatures. After successfully completing a course, you will receive an email containing simple instructions on downloading, sharing, or collecting digital badges.